Monday, February 27, 2012

Marshmallows and Monsters

Today Greyson is rocking his favorite shirt of all time and he couldn't be happier! He has been wearing this one for almost a year and is very sad that it is starting to get a little small. It will be an emotional day when he has to pass it along to Maisie (to wear with a tutu, perhaps?). Speaking of sibling hand-me-downs, I did a lot of mending this weekend and was so excited to see that one pair of pants had a huge rip across the knee. It seems like a crazy thing to be happy about but I had seen this cute monster patch and was dying to put my own spin on it. Check it out:
First, I took a piece of red corduroy and stitched on some teeth. Then, I placed it inside the pant leg and sewed it into place. After that, all I had to do was add the eyes (I made the pupils with a fabric marker) and, voila, monster knee patch! Who knew a holey pant leg could be so stylish?!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment